Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thread Lexicon: Thread

"thread"

The thread is a massive e-mail chain started with the sole purpose of talking about NBA Basketball during both the season and off-season. It began during the 2008 NBA Playoffs, after which we were informed that indeed, "anything is possible." Including Kevin Garnett and Joakim Noah going out on an ice cream date.

I don't know the exact number, but surely the thread has surpassed 100,000 messages, based on Gmail's 100 message limit per conversation (before it begins a new one with the same subject line). It's even got me marked as a spammer, occasionally preventing me from sending e-mails from my main account for 24 hours.

The thread is responsible for thread lexicon: lames, fuck Bogut, fake ass king, and various player nicknames. We'll get to them in the coming millenia. Just search for or click on the label "thread lexicon" for all, er, thread lexicon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I eat hair.